Build dynamic leaderboards that foster user engagement with rehook.ai
Rehook helps you create dynamic leaderboards that track single or multiple actions performed by your users. You can set daily, weekly, monthly or custom duration leaderboards and create rewards on Rehook to distribute at the end of each leaderboard period. Read on to learn how!
Leaderboards play a crucial role in offering businesses a powerful tool to engage users, motivate desired behavior and enhance their bottom line. The thrill of climbing up the rankings and the possibility of earning rewards motivates users to actively participate and interact with a product, service, or platform. Users become more engaged, spending more time and effort to maintain or improve their positions on the leaderboard. This increased engagement leads to higher user retention rates and ongoing interaction, which is exactly what every business essentially wants.
But that's not all-
- Beyond motivation, leaderboards add an element of gamification to everyday activities. By transforming tasks into game-like experiences, businesses make a user's interaction with their platform a lot more enjoyable and immersive. As a result, users are more likely to remain loyal to the platform and continue to engage with the product or service.
- The social aspect of leaderboards is another crucial aspect of their importance. Leaderboards foster interaction and community building among users. Seeing one's rank compared to others encourages collaboration and engagement among users. Moreover, a vibrant and active user community can attract new users through word-of-mouth referrals, positively impacting the bottom line.
- Leaderboards are also a great medium for businesses to gather valuable user- data and insights. Tracking user performance on leaderboards helps with understanding usage patterns, preferences, and behaviors. This data can be leveraged to improve products or services, identify trends, and make informed decisions influenced by users' needs.
It is not new for businesses to recognize and reward users using leaderboards to increase engagement, retention and loyalty, especially among their most active/ high-performing users.
User incentives such as discounts, exclusive rewards, or special privileges offered to leaderboard toppers further motivates user participation and strengthens the relationship between users and the business. Increased user engagement and retention can lead to higher conversion rates, more frequent purchases, and potential upselling or cross-selling opportunities.
Incorporating leaderboards into your user-incentive stack is crucial, but not quite as straightforward.
Before getting on to planning a leaderboard campaign for your users, we highly suggest you think about the following-
- Are you heavily dependent on your tech team for implementing leaderboards? While most businesses priortize leaderboards and other user-incentives as a part of their growth strategy, they deeply rely on their tech+ product teams' bandwidth for its implementation. Such dependency not only leads to lost opportunities (in other words, they can only launch a leaderboard when their developers have the time to make one) but also steals time away from letting the tech team work on the other crucial aspects of the core product.
- Is there scope to test the leaderboard strategy before launching it? Most user-promotion campaigns including leaderboards end up being an output of presumptions and not data derived from actual testing. However, testing out the campaign strategy before launch leaves room to iterate and optimize quickly, save time+ money and ensures that the leaderboard is truly relevant, well-timed and engaging.
- Is your leaderboard campaign customizable and flexible? Running 'one-size-fits-all' kind of leaderboards with generic reward structures barely motivate users to make desired actions on your platform. It is important to ensure that the leaderboard campaign is tailored to meet the campaign goals without requiring significant number of dev hours.
- Can you track the leaderboard's performance? The leaderboard campaign should not just be an idea that the growth/marketing team simply ran with- hoping that it yields desired traction. In order to make the most of a leaderboard campaign, it is essential to have the capabilities to accurately track progress in-real time. This not only will result in ensuring timely iterations to the campaign but will also avoid chances of under/overspending.
- Is data management a manual/ makeshift arrangement? Leaderboards require efficient data management to track and update user rankings accurately. Handling large amounts of user data, calculating scores, and managing real-time updates can be a complex task. Ensuring data integrity, security, and privacy are additional challenges that businesses must address.
- Is your leaderboard campaign scalable? As the user-base grows, scalability becomes a crucial consideration for any business. Which is why there is a for a leaderboard solution that can handle increasing user numbers and provide a seamless experience. Ensuring consistent performance and responsiveness, even during peak usage, can be difficult without the right infrastructure and resources in place.
If you don't get even 1 of the 6 right, it is safe to consider that you probably need to rethink your leaderboard campaign's true potential.
And here is why rehook.ai's leaderboard solution might be right for you
Rehook.ai the complete promotions platform provides businesses with a comprehensive solution for building and managing any user-incentive, including leaderboards.
It not only addresses the challenges mentioned above but also offers several benefits:
- Simplified Implementation: Rehook.ai offers an easy-to-use interface with a built-in rule engine that simplifies testing, building and managing any user- action based leaderboard. Since it is an API first platform, it leverages events, event properties and user properties to help you build highly customizable leaderboards in just a few clicks!
- No Tech Required: With rehook.ai, you can quickly set up and customize leaderboards according to your specific requirements, without requiring any technical knowledge or resources. Go back to putting focus on engaging your users and driving growth, rather than dealing with the technical intricacies of leaderboard development and maintenance.
- Flexibility and Customization: Rehook.ai offers flexible configuration options, allowing you to customize the leaderboard system to align with youe branding, user goals, and reward structures. The platform supports various types of scoring combinations, mechanisms, tiers and achievements, ensuring a tailored solution for each user segment. Not only that, it also offers automation capabilities, allowing you to automate leaderboard updates and reward distributions - reducing manual effort and streamlining operations.
- Scalability and Reliability: Rehook.ai provides a scalable infrastructure, capable of handling large user bases and peak usage. The platform ensures consistent performance, responsiveness, and real-time updates, guaranteeing a seamless experience for both you and your users.
Build highly configurable and dynamic leaderboard campaigns with Rehook.ai
#1 Build Leaderboards for specific user segments
Rehook.ai lets you select the user segment the leaderboard will applicable for. Only users part of the selected segment will be part of the leaderboard. Segment-specific leaderboards enable you to provide targeted incentives and rewards. This helps to drive desired behavior within that segment and increases the chances of users striving to take actions for increased conversions.
#2 Advanced Leaderboard Recurrence and Timeframe Controls
Create leaderboards that run only during certain days of the week or certain times of the day. User actions will only earn points if performed during the set time criteria. You can set daily, weekly, monthly or custom duration leaderboards and create rewards on Rehook to distribute at the end of each leaderboard period.
#3 Multi-Action and Single-Action Leaderboards
Rehook.ai's comprehensive promotion solution allows businesses to design both multi-action and single-action leaderboards.
- Single Action: Single action leaderboard tracks only one event across all qualified users. The points on the leaderboard are determined basis the number of times this action has been completed by the users. In other words, single-action leaderboards focus on a specific action, such as purchases or referrals.
For example: A referral leaderboard can track successful referrals for all users.
- Multi-action leaderboards consider a combination of user actions to determine a participant's position on the leaderboard. Each event needs to have a point equivalent earned on completing the event. The sum of all points earned by performing the multiple actions will be show on the leaderboard.
For example: Create a leaderboard that rewards 5 points for signing up, 10 points for making a purchase and 20 points for posting a review.
#4 Control when leaderboards refresh
Set the intervals in which the leaderboard refreshes the customer data. You can choose between 15, 30, 45, 60 minute intervals. Leveraging these action-based leaderboards with complete control and configuration capabilities allows you to align customer behavior with your business goals, incentivizing desired actions and boosting engagement.
#5 Automated Reward Distribution
One of the key advantages of using Rehook.ai is that it gives you the option to handle reward distribution with complete control. Rehook dynamically provides the list of winners and position details at the end of each leaderboard for reward distribution based on predefined criteria. Whether it's offering discounts, coupons, or exclusive perks, you can customize the reward criteria for each leaderboard position. This automated process saves time and resources, ensuring a seamless and efficient reward distribution experience for both the you and your customers.
Want to take advantage of rehook.ai's powerful solution to build dynamic leaderboards and deliver real impact?
Book a free demo with us here